Attend our Research Skills Class for Adult Students
Our Reference Services department has certainly seen an increase in visits from non-traditional students. Library research has migrated to an online environment, and looks quite different than even ten years ago. Fear not! Students can rely on the library to help them navigate this new learning landscape. We have created a course on library research to provide adult learners with the skills they need to study more productively and research more confidently.
Back to School: 21st Century Research Skills for Adult Students
Sunday, August 18 or Sunday, September 19, 2 - 3 p.m.
Small Classroom, Level 4, Central Library.
Attendees can expect to:
- learn about the strengths of adult learners
- be exposed to free internet study and productivity tools
- learn how to find and reserve library print materials using the library catalog
- learn how to access journal and magazine articles and newspapers using library databases
- learn about the appointment services offered to students by the library
Get your academic year off to a positive start by attending one of these sessions.
If you cannot attend, I encourage you to schedule a one-on-one student appointment with our reference librarians the next time you are working on a research project. You'll be wowed by the research resources and search skills we can show you!
All DPL locations will be closed November 27, and will close at 4 p.m. November 26. The Westwood Branch Library will be closed November 27-30. More...