Test your knowledge! Timeliness? Beta? Value Line?
Here's some investment humor: You know you've gone to the wrong stockbroker when you ask him/her to buy 1,000 shares in IBM and he/she asks you how to spell it.
Now that you're relaxed and done laughing, see how you do on the following quiz:
Beta, a measure calculated by Value Line, measures:
- something between the Alpha and the Gamma
- a stock's development phase before its official release
- the volatility of a stock relative to the overall stock market
- the speed of a stock relative to the speed of light
Which of the following companies is NOT included in Value Line:
- Apple, Inc.
- Strawberry Shortcake & Sons, Ltd.
- SkyPeople Fruit Juice Inc.
- Maui Ld & Pineapple Co Inc.
Timeliness, a Value Line rank, measures:
- a stock's probability that it won't be late to the market's annual holiday party
- the expected price performance of a stock for the coming six to twelve months relative to Value Line's approximate 1,700 stock universe
- a stock's position relative to its cleanliness and godliness
- a stock's short term (three to six months) relative price change
In a May 23, 2014 commentary, the Value Line analyst covering Chipotle Mexican Grill stated that the company "has not yet felt the effects of:
- the Broncos loss to the Seahawks in Super Bowl XLVIII"
- recreational marijuana sales in Colorado"
- the Affordable Care Act"
- the recent hog virus on the supply of pork"
Which of the following is NOT a characteristic of stocks included in Value Line's Model Portfolio 1?
- No Timeliness rank because of recent restructurings or pending acquisitions
- Timeliness rank of 1
- Financial Strength rating of at least B+ at the time of purchase
- May have Betas considerably higher than 1
Which of the following is an industry category found in Value Line:
Click here for the answer key.
The Value Line Investment Survey tracks approximately 1,700 stocks in over 90 industries. The Small & Mid-Cap Survey reports on approximately 1,800 small & mid-cap stocks not included in The Value Line Investment Survey.
Most of our research databases are available remotely to customers with a Denver Public Library card.
Don't have a library card? Check out how to get one now!
Have questions? Just ASK US! by phone, chat or email!
All DPL locations will be closed November 27, and will close at 4 p.m. November 26. The Westwood Branch Library will be closed November 27-30. More...