Happy Birthday, Amanda Peet!
Peet's career took time to build, with the actor spending a lot of her time on television and in ensemble pictures before The Whole Nine Yards brought her more prominent attention. She's now starred in over forty films.
While Peet's most successful films been ones where she played supporting roles, 2012 and Something's Gotta Give, she has also had larger roles in smaller films like Woody Allen's Melinda and Melinda, Nicole Holofcener's Please Give and Menno Meyjes's Martian Child.
Peet was also one of the lead actors on Academy Award winner Aaron Sorkin's television show, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip.
Denver Public Library has a wide selection of Peet's films, here are some of them. If you're interested, a librarian can help you find more....
- What Doesn't Kill You (2008), costarring Mark Ruffalo and Ethan Hawke
- The X Files: I Want to Believe (2008), costarring with David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson
- The Ex (2006), costarring Zach Braff and Jason Bateman
- Syriana (2005), costarring Matt Damon and George Clooney
- Identity (2003), costarring John Cusack and Ray Liotta
- Saving Silverman (2001), costarring Jack Black and Jason Biggs