It's all Irish: Test your knowledge of St. Patrick's Day.
Click on the photo to the left to see the correct answer to these questions.
1. There is no more famous figure in Irish history than St. Patrick, but where was he actually born?
2. Non-liturgical St. Patrick's Day is always held on March 17. What is the significance of this date?
3. Before 'the wearing of the green' became ubiquitous, what color was most commonly associated with St. Patrick?
4. Why have shamrocks become so inextricably linked to the legend of St. Patrick?
5. Americans celebrate St. Patrick's Day with a meal of Corned Beef and Cabbage. It is not a traditional part of the holiday in Ireland. At what holidays does Corned Beef make an appearance on the Irish feast table?
Fresh City Life marks St. Patrick's Day with a free Irish concert and a delicious cooking demo . Have a great holiday weekend!
All DPL locations will be closed November 27, and will close at 4 p.m. November 26. The Westwood Branch Library will be closed November 27-30. More...