Star Wars Reads Week is Coming!
Last fall, libraries and bookstores all over the country came together for a celebration of reading and all things Star Wars. The Park Hill Branch Library hosted a standing-room only event featuring all sorts of fun games and activities for Star Wars fans young and old.
The original Star Wars Reads Day was such a success, this year’s celebration will be even bigger! Beginning September 30, DPL will host 12 Star Wars Reads events at locations all over town. You’ll find a variety of fun activities at each of these events — check out our Star Wars Reads page to find one near you. Each location will host different activities, so you may want to attend more than one!
Then, come on in to the Central Library on Saturday, October 5, for an all-ages Star Wars extravaganza! The fun begins at 2 p.m. We’ll have crafts, games and activities for kids, teens and adults. With prizes! Here are just a few of the activities you’ll find:
- Learn to draw Star Wars characters with staff from Comic Book Classroom
- Try your luck at Star Wars Trivia
- Play Star Wars Bingo
- Play Lego Star Wars and other cool video games
- Build a lightsaber to complete your Jedi training
- Make Star Wars pop-up cards and cubeecrafts
- Check out the new DPL Connect Bike with a special display of Star Wars books
- Enjoy readings from the incredible new book, William Shakespeare's Star Wars
- Hang out with our costumed guests from Rocky Mountain Fan Force, one of the region’s most active and enthusiastic fan organizations
- Listen to Meco’s Star Wars disco album all afternoon long!! (just kidding. maybe.)
If you’re like me and you can’t wait for Star Wars Reads Week, here are a couple of booklists to tide you over:
- Star Wars Reads - fiction and nonfiction that explores all aspects of the Star Wars universe.
- Beyond Star Wars: The New Space Opera - for those of you who have already read the hundreds of Star Wars books.
We'll see you at the library. May the Force be with you!
All DPL locations will be closed November 27, and will close at 4 p.m. November 26. The Westwood Branch Library will be closed November 27-30. More...