Best in Show
- GWAR - Perhaps the most visually arresting of all costumed bands, their politically charged performances often involve spraying the audience with various fluids.
- KISS - With fire-breathing and pyrotechnics, KISS is a fiery force to be reckoned with.
- Red Hot Chili Peppers - Appearing on stage wearing light bulbs or simply socks, The Red Hot Chili Peppers always play with panache.
- Lady Gaga - Utilizing a team of artisans called the Haus of Gaga, Lady Gaga has revitalized the theatrical music movement.
- Elton John - Only Sir Elton Hercules John can pull off $5,000 spectacles that spelled his name in lights, Donald Duck costumes and ostrich feathers.
- Alice Cooper - Combining horror and vaudevillian elements, Alice Cooper is considered a pioneer in shock rock.
- Marilyn Manson - Controversial and creepy, Marilyn Manson is always in full-makeup when in the public eye.
- Slipknot - These heavy metal rockers wear scary masks when they rock out.
- Blue Man Group - Perhaps the least frightening band on the list, the Blue Man Group is a family favorite.
- David Bowie - Poster boy of the glam rock era, for three years he was the androgynous alien Ziggy Stardust.
Honorable Mention: Madonna - Whether bedazzled or just pushing the fashion envelope, she has inspired many costumed rockers.
All DPL locations will be closed November 27, and will close at 4 p.m. November 26. The Westwood Branch Library will be closed November 27-30. More...