Historic Colorado Homes
The Central Library is within blocks of two historic homes. The Byers-Evans House Museum reflects Denver in the early 1920's and is decorated with the original furnishings. The Molly Brown House Museum celebrates the Titanic's most famous survivor and Denver during the Victorian era. These are but two of Colorado's many notable locations.
- The Mansions of Denver: The Vintage Years by James Bretz
- Gaslights and Gingerbread: Colorado's Historic Homes by Sandra Dallas
- Denver Dwellings and Descendants by Sally Davis and Betty Baldwin
- Denver's Historic Mansions, Citadels to the Empire Builders by Edith Kohl
- The Walls Talk: Historic House Museums of Colorado by Patricia Werner
All DPL locations will be closed November 27, and will close at 4 p.m. November 26. The Westwood Branch Library will be closed November 27-30. More...