Meeting Rooms at Branches
How to Reserve a Meeting Space at a Branch Library
- Ask staff at the branch where you wish to hold your meeting to check availability for the space and date you wish to reserve.
- Print the Meeting Space Reservation Request/Commitment form or pick up a paper form at any branch.
- Submit the completed Meeting Space Reservation Request/Commitment form and total rental fees to the branch where the meeting is being held, paid by check, cash or credit card. If paying by check, make payable to “Manager of Finance” with “meeting space fee” in the memo.
- A new Meeting Space Reservation Request/Commitment form must be submitted annually. Please note that a meeting space reservation is not finalized until above steps are completed.
Fees to Reserve a Space
- The fee to reserve a space at a branch is $10 per hour for all groups and organizations. Fees are nonrefundable and nontransferable unless the Library initiates a cancellation.
The following exceptions apply: City and County of Denver agency meetings and Registered Neighborhood Organization meetings.
- Private parties are allowed only at the Central Library event spaces, Blair-Caldwell African American Research Library and after hours at Sam Gary Branch Library. Please contact the specific locations for pricing.
Food and Beverage
- If serving food at the meeting, a deposit of $25 is required, (check or cash) paid separately from meeting space fee. The deposit is refundable if the meeting space is restored to its original state. If cost to repair or clean the room exceeds $25, the responsible party will be billed for the additional cost.
- Alcoholic beverages are only allowed at Blair-Caldwell African American Research Library and Central Library event spaces.
Advance Reservation Dates
Meeting space may be reserved on a quarterly basis on or after:
- December 1 (for January through March)
- 1 (for April through June)
- June 1 (for July through September)
- September 1 (for October through December)
All reservation fees are due at time of booking.
Additional Details and Guidelines
- Responsible party is in charge of setup, supplies, take-down and cleanup. Tables and chairs are provided. AV equipment is available at some locations however technical support is not provided. Office supplies are not available.
- Free Wi-fi is available at all DPL locations.
- Space at branch locations is available only during normal hours of operation. Exceptions include the Central Library, Blair-Caldwell African American Research Library and Sam Gary Branch Library. For information about Central, contact the Event Coordinator at 720-865-2078. For information about Blair-Caldwell and Sam Gary, call the main number for the branch.
- When booking a space, please allow time for setup and take-down. Reservation time should include room setup, take-down and cleanup. Responsible party or attendees will not have access to the meeting space until the reserved time. Meeting spaces must be vacated and left clean 15 minutes prior to closing time.
- Signage is not allowed outside of the meeting space. Signage inside the meeting space may not be affixed to any surface.
- Meeting attendees must enter through the main entrance to the branch.
- Rental of the entire branch cannot be accommodated.
- Check with staff at branch for information about parking.
|Branch Location||Seating Capacity||Branch Location||Seating Capacity|
|Athmar Park||20||Bear Valley||50|
|Blair-Caldwell||10-25 and 50-90||Byers||25|
|Ford-Warren||15-60 (dividable)||Green Valley Ranch||25-50 (dividable)|
|Pauline Robinson||20||Montbello||20-40 (dividable)|
|Ross-Cherry Creek||10 and 75||Ross-University Hills||12 and 50|
|Sam Gary||55-110 (dividable)||Schlessman Family||40|
ABOUT THE LIBRARY
- Library Card
- Locations & Hours
- Budget Information
- Bond Improvements
- Facts & Press
- Computers & Tech
- Community Learning Plazas
- Friends Foundation
- Support the Library
- Library Commission
- Contact Us