PubWEST Search Patents and Trademarks
What is PubWEST?
- WEST stands for Web-based Examiner’s Search Tool, an internal U.S. Patent and Trademark Office database for use by USPTO patent examiners.
- PubWEST is the public version of WEST offered only in the Public Search Facility and Patent and Trademark Depository Libraries, including the Denver Public Library.
Why should I use PubWEST?
- This is the search tool used by USPTO patent examiners and professional patent searchers, so you will be searching patents using the same interface as the professionals.
- Precision search tools allow for more focused searches, which means fewer patents to wade through.
- Easier printing
- Faster viewing
- Multiple Database Searching
- U.S. Pre-Grant Publication Full-text Database
- U.S. Patents Full-text Database
- U.S. OCR Full-text Database: U.S. Patents from 1920-1975
- European Patent Office Abstracts Database
- Japan Patent Office Abstracts Database
- Foreign Patents
- English language searching of European Patent Office Abstracts
- English language searching of Japan Patent Office Abstracts
- Separate database of foreign patents and published applications searchable only by patent number or application number
PubWEST is available in the Reference Services Department, Level 3 of the Central Library. Call 720-865-1363 for more information.
- Books & Literature
- Cars & Trucks
- Community Assistance Resources
- DPL Digital Collections
- Dictionaries & Encyclopedias
- Directories & Phone Listings
- Foundations & Nonprofits
- Genealogy & Obituaries
- Government & Patents
- Home & Garden
- Homework - Elementary School
- Homework - Middle/High School
- Investing & Personal Finance
- Job Help
- Learn a Language
- Legal Resources & Forms
- Maps & Geography
- Patents & Trademark