Ross-Cherry Creek Branch Library Bond Improvements
Renovations Are Complete!
Summary of Bond Improvements
The Ross-Cherry Creek Branch Library realized the following improvements:
- Replacement and upgrades to several building and life safety systems that have been deferred over the years. This included the replacement of the fire detection and alarm system with state-of-the-art technology, replacement of the 44-year-old boiler with a high energy efficient, Energy Star rated boiler, and much needed modernization of other related plumbing and electrical systems.
- The installation of automated library material self–check stations and the introduction of Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) to Library materials will revolutionize how our customers will be able to access and acquire Library books and media and conduct other Library-related business.
- Architectural features and interior finishes received much-needed repairs and refreshing. Including but not limited to: Lighting upgrades, new carpeting and flooring, new furniture and a paint job.
- This represents approximately $1,000,000 worth of repairs and upgrades.
- More information about this project (PDF).
Slideshow of Renovation Images
Other Better Denver Bond Projects
Please visit the Better Denver Bond page for more information on renovations at other Denver Public Library Branch locations.
The City of Denver has information on the Better Denver Bond Program, with a complete list of projects going on around the City. All of these projects are possible due to the passage of the Better Denver program on the city-wide ballot in 2007. Thank you for your continued support and patience during these renovations.