My Dad recorded Sharpe's enshrinement speech into the NFL's Hall of Fame to share with me. I am so grateful because the speech is an inspirational testimony to the power of love and self knowledge. Sharpe asks people to separate the popular public persona from the person. He is passionate about the support he received from his community and family but especially the legacy left by his grandmother, Ms. Mary Potter. She sadly passed away a month before the awards ceremony.
While waiting for Sharpe's autobiography to be published, here are a few stories from NFL's great players and coaches about teammates and leadership on and off the field.
- Game of My Life by Jim Saccomano
- When the Clock Runs Out: 20 NFL Greats Share Their Stories of Hardships and Triumphs
- Never Give Up on Your Dream: My Journey by Walter Moon
- Gridiron Gauntlet: The Story of the Men Who Integrated Pro Football, in their Own Words by Any Piascik
- Winning the NFL Way: Leadership Lessons from Football's Top Head Coaches by Bob LaMonte
- Play Like You Mean It: Passion, Laughs, and Leadership in the World's Most Beautiful Game by Rex Ryan
- Finding a Way to Win: The Principles of Leadership, Teamwork, and Motivation by Bill Parcells