Denver Public Library Jobs
“My job is fast-paced, it pays well and it has good benefits. Working at a library is also a great way to educate myself.” -Jesse Perez, Community Technology Center
Me? Work at the Library?
But I'm not a librarian!
Maybe not, but neither are 75% of our staff. To run a topnotch organization like the Denver Public Library, we hire for a wide variety of positions. Opportunities range from entry to executive levels and include:
- Administrative Assistants
- Marketing Representative
- Event Planners
- Library Program Associates
- Graphic Designers
- Human Resources Representatives
- Maintenance Workers and many more!
"More than anything, I like being involved with children on a regular basis, and I also like the variety in my job. It seems like every day is different." - Kate San, Educational Program Assistant
"I look forward to the daily challenges in meeting the needs of my department, and also to the rewards that come from satisfied customers." - Hien Nguyen, Circulation
Services to customers of all ages, economic levels and ethnic groups are provided daily at Denver's Central Library and 24 branches. Library staff members help deliver thousands of wonderful programs every year - storytimes, after-school activities, book groups, senior programs, computer training, and much more.
The Library can have all the books and programs in the world, but we can't grow and change without our most valuable resource - people like you!
- The Library employs 500 people from ethnically diverse backgrounds. Altogether, our staff speaks 11 languages.
- We offer full-time and part-time positions.
- Need a holiday? (Who doesn't?) As an agency of the City and County of Denver, the library offers the same city benefits. You'll get 11 paid holidays per year in addition to paid vacation and sick leave!
- Training programs and career enrichment are plentiful and encouraged. (We want you to get smarter and to keep you forever!)
"I love meeting people at the library and learning their stories. Everyone has a story. It makes the day go fast." - Denise Lord, Security Officer
Mail or bring applications to: The Denver Public Library Human Resources Office, 10 West 14th Avenue Parkway Denver, CO 80204
Applications may also be faxed to: 720-865-2085
The Denver Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Library does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sex, age or sexual orientation.
For more information:
The Denver Public Library connects people with information, ideas and experiences to provide enjoyment, enrich lives and strengthen our community.